Skip to main content
- Only current Bay College students, faculty and staff with library accounts in good standing are eligible for iPad
- Public library patrons are eligible for internal iPad checkout only.
- Patrons must read, agree and sign the Bay College Library iPad Loan Policy and Agreement for the current
semester in order to be eligible for iPad check out.
- Only one iPad can be checked out per person.
- Patrons cannot check out an iPad and a laptop at the same time.
- Under no circumstances will a patron be allowed to check out an iPad for another person.
- Only current Bay College students, faculty and staff with library accounts in good standing are eligible for
- Public library patrons are eligible for internal laptop checkout only.
- Patrons must read, agree and sign the Bay College Library Laptop Loan Policy and Agreement for the current
semester in order to be eligible for laptop checkout.
- Only one laptop can be checked out per person.
- Patrons cannot check out a laptop and an iPad at the same time.
- Under no circumstances will a patron be allowed to check out a laptop for another person.
Request an interlibrary book loan using the Bay College Library's online interlibrary book loan request form.
- An interlibrary loan is a system in which one library borrows a book from another library for the use of an individual.
- Interlibrary loans are provided free of charge for Bay College faculty, students, and staff.
- Interlibrary loan requests are usually for instructional purposes.
- Non-instructional interlibrary loan requests may be loaned, but may be subject to a fee.
- Some lenders may not loan free and you can set the maximum you are willing to pay (between $5 - $15).
- Make sure your requested citations are complete and accurate.
- Interlibrary loan requests may be made via WorldCat/Library website, Email, request form, phone or in person.
- The average time to receive interlibrary loan requested material is 7-14 days.
- Requestors be notified via Email or phone when materials arrive.
- To request an extension of a loan period, please contact Oscar DeLong, Library Director 906-217-4055.
- Course reserves are materials designated for specific classes at an instructor's request.
- Books, journal articles, study guides, past exams, DVDs/videos and biology specimens are among the items that can be placed on reserve.
- Course reserves guarantee that all students in the class will have access to the material.
- Material may be owned by the library or the instructor.
- In addition to course reserves, ask the Library Staff about LibGuides and how development of a guide can be used in your courses.
- Course reserves are located at the library circulation desk.
- Use of course reserves may be restricted to the library for a period of 2, 3, or 4 hours. However, many items can be checked out overnight (24 hours), for three days, seven days and 21 days.
Students can use online course reserves to search for items on reserve for their class. You can search by instructor name or by course (i.e. Anthropology).
- Students will need to present a Bay College I.D. card at the library's circulation desk to access course reserves. It is very helpful if student brings their syllabus.
- Library Staff will assist students identify what items are on reserve.
- Students may ask for a specific item, title, instructor name, course number or course name.
- Course reserves may photocopied or checked out depending on the loan period set by instructor.
- There are fines associated with course reserves. If a course reserve is not returned by the due date a fine of 10¢ per hour or $1.00 per day may incur.
- Instructors may place personal or library owned items on course reserve for a week, month, semester or academic school year. Contact Oscar DeLong, Library Director 906-217-4055.
- Contact Dan Zini, Technical & Theater Coordinator 906-217-4222 for additional A/V equipment requests.
- For your convenience, library staff is available to deliver equipment to faculty offices upon request.
- Prints and copies are FREE under 20 pages a day.
- Faxes are $1.00 for the first page and 50ȼ for each additional page.
- Library drop boxes are located at the library entrance, library circulation desk, Besse Theater entrance, and the Learning Resources Center hallway.
- Group study rooms are available on a first come, first serve basis.
- Transparencies are 25ȼ each for next day service and $1.00 each for same day service.
- Laminations are $1.00/ft.
- 2-1/4" Pinback Buttons 25ȼ/ea.
- 12" x 18" Posters 25ȼ/ea.
- Books: 3 Weeks
- Audiobooks: 3 Weeks
- Periodicals: 1 Week
- iPad / iPad Mini (External): 3 Days
- iPad / iPad Mini (Internal): 3 Hours
- Laptop (External): 3 Days
- Laptop (Internal): 3 Hours
- Laptop Charger (Internal Loan Only): 2 Hours
- Mobile Phone Charger (Internal Loan Only): 2 Hours
- DVDs / Videos: 5 Days
- Audio CDs: 5 Days
- Reserve Room: Varies
- Graphing Calculator (Campus Loan Only - State ID Required): 4 Hours
- Books: 10ȼ Per Item / Day
- Audiobooks: 25ȼ Per Item / Day
- Periodicals: 25ȼ Per Item / Day
- iPad / iPad Mini (External): $10.00 / Day
- iPad / iPad Mini (Internal): $5.00 / Hour
- Laptop (External): $10.00 / Day
- Laptop (Internal): $5.00 / Hour
- DVDs / Videos: $1.00 / Item per Day
- Audio CDs: $1.00 / Item per Day
- Reserve Room: $1.00 / Item per Day