Laptop & Hotspot Loans
The Bay College Library loans laptops and hotspots to eligible Bay College Students.
- Current Bay College students, faculty, and staff with library accounts in good standing are eligible to check out technology devices from the Bay College Library.
- Users must read, agree to, and sign the Bay College Library Technology Loan Policy & Agreement for the current semester.
- Only one of each device type may be checked out per person at a time.
- Please bring your Bay ID or a driver’s license to check out devices.
Checkouts & Loans
- Devices are available for checkout on both campuses:
- Main Campus—Bay College Library
- West Campus—Student Success Center
- The technology loan period is 7 days.
- Devices are loaned on a first-come, first-served basis. The Bay College Library cannot guarantee that a device will be available at a certain time.
- A device may be renewed for an additional 7-day checkout period if the Bay College Library has more devices to loan to other users.
- Equipment is available for checkout during the Fall, Winter, and Summer terms and must be returned no later than the last date of the term.
Fees & Damages
- Technology devices are loaned to eligible users for free.
- Technology devices that are 7 days past due will be considered lost or stolen. Fees include:
- Laptops: $1,000.00 to cover the cost of replacing a laptop, charging cord, and device formatting
- Hotspots: $150.00 to cover the cost of replacing a hotspot and charging equipment
- Fees and damages will be recorded on the user’s library record and student account, and will result in borrowing and registration restrictions.
- Unpaid fines and damages may be referred to collections.
- Data service to hotspots will be turned off if more than 7 days overdue.