The Bay College Library has access to books and journal articles from other libraries in Michigan and across the United States through the Interlibrary Loan program.
To request a book or journal article, please fill out the Bay College Library's online Interlibrary Loan Request Form, or call, email, or stop by the library. The library will request the book or journal article from another library and contact you when the item is ready for pickup.
More to know about Interlibrary Loans:
- Not all books and journals are available through the Interlibrary Loan program. Library staff will do our best to locate the material you request.
- Most Interlibrary Loans are provided free of charge for Bay College faculty, students, and staff; however, some lenders may not loan for free. If there is a cost for borrowing material, Bay College Library staff will contact you before processing your request.
- Interlibrary Loans take time. Expect to pick up an Interlibrary Loan 7 to 14 business days after placing your request.
- Interlibrary Loan materials have specific due dates from the library that owns the materials. To request an extension of a loan period, please contact the library at 906-217-4055.
- Interlibrary Loan requests will only be processed for faculty, students, and staff with library accounts in good standing. You may be asked to return overdue library materials before your request is completed.