The Bay College Library has access to books and journal articles from other libraries in Michigan and across the United States through the Interlibrary Loan program.
To request a book or journal article, please fill out the Bay College Library's online Interlibrary Loan Request Form, or call, email, or stop by the library. The library will request the book or journal article from another library and contact you when the item is ready for pickup.
More to know about Interlibrary Loans:
- Not all books and journals are available through the Interlibrary Loan program. Library staff will do our best to locate the material you request.
- The fee for each Interlibrary Loan request is a minimum of $3.00. Some lending libraries charge an additional fee; if there is an additional cost for borrowing material, Bay College Library staff will contact you before processing your request. Please pay Interlibrary Loan fees before checking out the item. The library accepts cash or local check.
- Interlibrary Loans take time. Expect to pick up an Interlibrary Loan 7 to 14 business days after placing your request.
- Interlibrary Loan materials have specific due dates from the library that owns the materials. To request an extension of a loan period, please contact the library at 906-217-4055.
- Interlibrary Loan requests will only be processed for library accounts in good standing. You may be asked to return overdue library materials before your request is completed.